Documenting your caregiving journey, or the memories of your loved one not only encapsulates a unique time in your life, it encourages you to pay closer attention to the finer details in your day and reflect on some of those positive moments.
Memory Keeping can be done using a predated planner, recording as little as one sentence each day that highlights a fun moment. Depending on the size of your spread, you may also write a full journal entry – whatever works for you! Regardless of the size of your entry, here are some memory prompts to consider.
- What did you eat for breakfast?
- What was one productive thing you did today?
- Who did you speak with today?
- How are you feeling right now?
- What do you see right now?
- What do you hear right now?
- What was your favourite meal today?
- What made you smile today?
- Did you laugh? Why?
- Who has been on your mind?
Try adding some photo’s to your days as well to help recall some of those meaningful moments.
Recording memories throughout the day is a great way to track your activity, and it also creates a meaningful keepsake for your family.
- Lorien Bellamy, 2023 Active Caregiving Inc